These are fairly healthy and a can be a good substitute for sugary snacks.
- 3/4 to 1 cup chocolate protein powder (you may have to adjust depending on your protein)
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (again, may need to adjust depending on your peanut butter)
- 2 cups Rice Krispies or oatmeal
Mix protein powder, honey, and peanut butter thoroughly. Add Rice Krispies. Roll into balls and chill. That’s it!
However, a few things can make them unhealthy very quickly!
- Be sure to use raw or organic honey. Most honey in the store is full of high fructose corn syrup. It should be pure honey, that’s it.
- We use Smuckers Natural peanut butter which is in all stores. It isn’t organic, but only contains peanuts and a little salt. There are no oils or anything else. If you use regular peanut butter with oil, you may need to use a little less.
- Many proteins contain sucralose and other artificial sweeteners. We drink and use Yoli protein powder because it has vegetables in it and tastes good.
- Rice Krispies are the only downfall to the recipe, but so good. You can substitute oatmeal to make them healthier.