There are many ways to use your Young Living oils. These guide will give you a general idea about how to use them to enhance your health and home.
- Inhale directly— open the bottle and smell, or place on wrists, pillow, or put a drop on palms and cup hands over your nose.
- Add a few drops of essential oil in a bowl of hot water. Create a tent over your head and bowl with a towel and breathe the steam.
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. You can’t use a heated diffuser, as heat can destroy the properties of the oil.
- Tip the bottle slowly and place 1 – 3 drops in you hand and rub on the desired area. I usually place my finger tightly over the top and then turn upside down to get a drop on my finger. Repeat if more is needed.
CAUTION: Some oils are extremely potent and are considered HOT. They may irritate the skin and burn. Dilute with olive or coconut oil. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
Many essential oils make excellent food flavorings or dietary supplements. To use essential oils for internal consumption, Young Living suggests these methods:
CAUTION: Only Young Living essentials oils should be ingested. The label can be peeled back and supplement facts will be given if recommended to ingest.
- Place several drops of oil in a empty capsule and swallow with water.
- Add 1-2 drops in water, milk, or juice. It MUST be a glass container, NEVER plastic.
- Place a drop under your tongue, press on the roof of your mouth, or side of cheek. Be very careful and test first as some oils are very hot.
Cook With Your Oils
Cooking to add variety and flavor to your cooking? Make room for essential oils in your spice cabinet! Their rich, bright aromas can add a delicious kick of flavor to your favorite recipes. Try adding a drop or two of lime to fresh salsa or to your favorite Mexican-inspired marinade, lemon to grilled fish, peppermint to hot cocoa, or basil and oregano to homemade pasta sauce. Get creative and enjoy all the culinary possibilities of essential oils.
Popular oils for cooking include:
While certain essential oils can be harmful if taken in high dosages, moderate use as flavoring (a few drops per person) is not only safe but delicious!
Forget conventional cleansers formulated with harsh chemicals; safe, effective alternatives are easy to make and use. Alongside our line of Thieves® products, you may also want to try using essential oils in your laundry, and for cleaning countertops, freshening stale linens, removing stubborn stains, and much, much more.
Our most popular oils for cleaning are:
More information about Young Living essential oils ……..