I bought an old window at a garage sale this summer and loved it because it had multiple panes. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it, but the possibilities were endless!
I started by scraping the loose paint off of the window. You may want to wear a mask if you don’t know the age of the window, as it may contain lead paint.
Then I had to get rid of the green! Well, not totally, and I didn’t worry about the back, but it was too much for the front. I did like hints of it coming through, so I just randomly brushed white paint over it, leaving some green peaking through.
I cut pieces of cardboard to fit each pain and then got out my quilts. I wanted some themes and patterns throughout each pane, yet also wanted some bolder than others to make it interesting. It was tricky since a lot of the quilt was torn. I cut them one by one, placing one in and then another, then seeing what I wanted next.
I cut about 1/2″ more than the cardboard so I had enough to fold over. Then I just taped it with masking tape. No one will see the back and it’s not acid free, so I wasn’t too worried.
Then I placed the covered board in the pane and ran masking tape along the edge to seal it in. If I were to sell it, I would put one piece of mat board to cover the entire back, but since it was for me, I didn’t worry what the back looked like.
Log homes can tend to be a lot of wood and get rather brown. I was happy with the added color to my wall.